Accounting and Bookkeeping
The traditional roles of accountancy and bookkeeping form a major part of the professional work undertaken by our firm.
For many clients the preparation of their annual accounts reflects the main measure of the performance of their businesses. The accounts published can be relied upon to provide an accurate picture of the client’s financial position, indicate the potential taxation liabilities and also furnish information for banks and other financiers of the business.
Our accountancy work ranges from complete bookkeeping services for smaller businesses through to the preparation of forecasts and regular management accounts for our larger clients. All of our accounts preparation is supported by the latest in-house computer systems and software, benefiting clients by saving time and allowing senior staff to spend more time actively reviewing their clients’ affairs.
- Prepare accounts to help in completion of self-assessment tax returns;
- Produce financial statements for filing at Companies House and filleted accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
Accounts are prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines.
But we can do more than just report the history of what’s already happened…
- Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability
- Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
The setting up of accounting record systems is clearly very important at the outset of any business but many new businesses are understandably unable to support the high cost of establishing a proper bookkeeping department or management accounting systems in the first instance. However, inappropriate systems often prove inefficient and regarding VAT and PAYE, non-compliance with the necessary routines can prove disastrous to a new business.
By assessing our individual clients needs we are able to recommend and set up the right accounting systems and the appropriate level of procedures and internal controls, whether manual or computerised, from the very start.
- Drop off your invoices, bank statements, etc
- We do all the processing
We can then easily prepare for you…
- Management Accounts
- VAT Returns
- Key Performance Indicators
- End of Year Accounts
- Estimated Tax Liabilities as you go along so there’s no end of year surprises.
You pick up the records (neatly filed and organised!) and all the information we’ve agreed to provide you with.
It also makes it easy for us to handle any VAT inspections.