Payroll and Contractors
Let us take the strain away from you and let you get on with running and growing the business.
Payroll is complicated and has to be done on time and you as the employer are responsible for the mistakes.
How does payroll work?
We run payrolls on time and can provide a tailor-made service for your business including:
- Employee payslips
- Monthly summaries
- Departmental reports
- Dealing with leavers and starters
- Provision of analysis of staff costs
- Real Time Information (RTI) PAYE returns for the Revenue
- Assistance with automated payment set-up to your employees
- CIS returns completed by us
- Auto Enrolment requirements.
- You will never have to worry about calculating statutory sick pay or maternity pay and dealing with student loan deductions ever again!
And at year end…
- Employee summary P60s;
- P11D and P9D benefit and expenses returns.
Payroll for small businesses
Payroll isn’t just about making sure your staff are paid properly and on time. It’s also about addressing the complexities of both payroll legislation and ensuring good practice within your organisation.
This includes not just permanent members of staff whether full-time or part-time but third parties that may be sitting in a grey area. This includes contractor relationships which may be inside IR-35.
Beyond the payroll compliance service we offer comprehensive advice on all employment tax issues including:
- Tax efficient remuneration strategies
- Planning for retirement
- Termination payments
- Inducement payments
- Company car and van strategies
- Benefits planning.
- Please contact us if you would like a free consultation to discuss the tax advantages of contracting in more detail and the different possible scenarios.
Payroll for contractors
We offer all-inclusive services for contractors including:
- Company formation
- Annual Accounts
- Company tax returns
- Personal Tax Returns
- Company secretarial service
- VAT Returns
- PAYE Returns
- Tax computations
- Review of contracts for IR35 status
- Provision of anti IR35 draft contracts
- Dealing with IR35 disputes.
Addressing payroll issues regarding IR35
There are many factors to consider in deciding if a contractor is caught by the notorious IR35 legislation.
Fundamental factors to consider:
- Control and supervision
- The right to get a substitute or helper to do the job
- Mutuality of obligations.
Other factors to consider:
- Provision of equipment
- Financial Risk
- Basis of Payment
- Opportunity to profit from sound management
- Part and parcel of the organisation
- Right of dismissal
- Employee benefits
- Intention of the parties
- Length of engagement.
These are often matters of general employment law and not specific tax legislation. There is an enormous amount of Case Law in this area and the Taxman is not always right. They do not have the final say on whether somebody is caught by IR35 or not. We can argue your case for you.
The cost of employees and employers national insurance if you get it wrong are considerable as well as interest and penalties.
We can review your existing arrangements and give you our opinion on whether it will stand up to attack from the Revenue. We can help draft contracts for services to assist you and advise on how you can maximise your chances.