Trusts, Inheritance Tax and Estate Planning
Trusts can be used as part of a wealth protection strategy to protect assets as well as tax planning vehicles, particularly as part of inheritance tax planning.
We can advise on the setting up and running of:
- Discretionary trusts
- Accumulation and maintenance trusts for children
- Interest in possession trusts.
We can deal with all trust accounting and tax matters on your behalf.
Our primary aim is to protect personal and family wealth in all of our individual tax planning services. With the careful planning of an individual’s estate and the timely making of gifts during one’s lifetime, we are able to significantly reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax payable on death.
We also assist with planning of Wills and the establishment of Trusts. Our tax department has particular experience in this area and since the number of estates liable to inheritance tax continues to increase, the scope for tax saving is enormous often through very simple planning techniques.
We can advise:
- Individuals whose estate planning is close to the nil rate band or many times larger
- Techniques to mitigate inheritance tax on family homes, family businesses and investment portfolios
- On both lifetime transfers and wills.
However, estate planning is not solely about tax and we adopt a common sense approach, helping you to ensure your own financial needs are met and to avoid “giving away too much too soon”.